Do I Need A Roof Repair Or A Roof Restoration?
- Broken or missing tiles/shingles
- Faded colour
- Mould or moss growth
- Damaged roofing
- Sagging roof
If you’ve seen any of the issues above and you’re wondering whether your roof needs to be repaired or replaced, our team of experienced professionals can answer that question and provide the right solution for you and your home.
Difference Between A Roof Repair And Roof Restoration
Depending on a number of factors, our roofing experts will be able to determine whether your roof requires repairs or a complete roof restoration. The solution will vary based on:
- The condition of your roof
- The age of your roof
- Your budget
Roof repairs and full roof restorations are two different processes, and as such, the time it takes and cost of labour and materials will vary. Our team will discuss options with you following our initial roof inspection to ensure that we can work within your budget and you are satisfied with our solution.
Why You Might Need A Roof Repair Brisbane
If you have noticed any of the problems listed above like roof damage or leaking, your roof may just need some TLC. We will consider the condition and age of your roof. Usually if your roof is younger than 20 years old and has only mild damage or wear (ie. a few missing tiles or shingles or some moss growth), repairs and restorations should be enough to reinforce your roof and extend its lifespan. Our typical process for roof repairs involves:
- Initial inspection and evaluation of damages
- Development of an accurate quote based on required repairs as well as your budget
- Safe worksite setup followed by necessary repair work
- Thorough cleanup of worksite
When You Might Need A Full Roof Restoration
On the other hand, if your roof has more damage perhaps from a storm or fallen tree, you may need a full roof restoration. If your roof is older than 20 years, it may be coming to the end of its lifespan and need to be replaced, however our specialists will assess this upon inspection and be able to recommend the best solution. Our roof restoration process involves:
- A specialist will thoroughly inspect your roof and assess the condition, providing an accurate quote based on required repairs as well as your budget
- An intensive roof clean will be performed using our high pressure Whirlaway at 4000 psi to ensure that all dirt, grime, and other contaminants are removed
- Equipped with specialised tools and a safe worksite, we will perform any necessary repairs including re-bedding and re-pointing of ridge caps, drilling weep holes, valley clipping and sealing etc.
- A finishing coat of Roof Protect will be applied to reinforce your roof and give it a revitalised look
- A clean up of the worksite will be undertaken including removal of any debris from the property
What Insurance Can Cover: Repairs vs Restoration
Insurance for roof repairs can be an uncertain territory for homeowners. A lot of people don’t know that roof repairs can often be claimed on insurance, depending on the policy you have taken out for your home and the age of your roof. Insurance companies will typically cover roof repairs and restorations in most cases involving unpreventable damage such as:
- Storm damage
- House and bush fires
- Fallen trees or branches
- Water damage
- Hail damage
Unfortunately, if your roof is deteriorating due to age or improper maintenance, insurance will not cover repairs or restorations. For this reason, it is essential to maintain the health of your roof by booking an inspection as soon as you see any signs of damage or deterioration (as listed above) to prevent further costs down the line.